- We take care and time to try and ensure our Website is as accurate as possible, both in terms of prices displayed and description of products and services. All measurements displayed are approximate and any errors will be wholly unintentional. Orders will only be accepted should there be no material errors. We take no responsibility for colours of products not matching the colour displayed on your monitor as this depends entirely on the colour reproduction and capabilities of your screen.
- Once you have completed your online order, we will send an email confirmation containing details of your order. This confirmation does not act as acceptance of your order as this is subject to the following:
Subject to the above conditions, we will despatch your order and send an email confirmation to let you know it’s on its way. It is at this point that a contract will exist under these terms and conditions.
- If you are contracting as a consumer for the purchase of our items online and delivered directly to, you may cancel a Contract subject to the below:
- You must also return the Goods to us as soon as reasonably practical but no longer than the 30 days stipulated.
- You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Goods while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation or if the Goods are damaged while they are in your possession, we have the right to reduce your refund by a sum appropriate to compensate us for the reduced value of the goods.
Exceptions to your usual Cancellation Rights
- You will not have a right to cancel a Contract for supply of any Goods in any of the following circumstances:
Bespoke or specially ordered products may only be returned if the goods are faulty or were supplied incorrectly. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- This provision does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
RETURNS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- If you return Goods because as a result of cancelling a Contract pursuant to Our Ordering, Cancellation and Returns Policy, we will process the refund as soon as possible and, in any case, within 14 days of the day on which we receive the Goods back from you.
In this case, we will refund the price of the Goods in full minus the cost of any damage or wear that you have caused to the Goods.
The customer will be responsible for the cost of returning the Goods to us and insuring them while in transit. The cost will vary depending on the value of the item.
In the unlikely event that Goods purchased online and supplied by us turn out to be faulty, damaged or different from those you have ordered, we will offer to replace or repair the Goods, or if you prefer, refund the item in full.
- Returns of faulty Goods which you return to us within six months of delivery will be confirmed only where you have returned the item with its certificate where applicable. The following costs will be for your account in relation to returned items:
Return of orders will be confirmed and accepted only where you have returned the item in its original condition, unworn and together with its original packaging and certificate where applicable. Non-return of the certificate will be charged at £300 plus VAT for a replacement certificate and you may be charged an additional replacement cost for packaging and any other collateral material. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
- If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or the original method of payment within 14 days.
- All returns are subject to anti-fraud verification and authentication by the Gems Jewellers team. Purchased items with any element of personalisation, engraving, bespoke items, designs by or for the client are non refundable. For security reasons we recommend that you do not use the name Gems Jewellers anywhere on the packaging of your returned item because it includes the term “jewellers”.
- If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gems Jewellers merchandise has a one year warranty guaranteed against defects in manufacturing and workmanship. This warranty does not apply to items subjected to excessive wear, abuse or physical damage whether accidental or otherwise. Upon acceptance of delivery, insurance and protection of merchandise becomes the sole responsibility of the customer and Gems Jewellers shall not be held liable for any loss, theft or resulting damages that may subsequently occur.
If the purchased jewellery has been in any way tampered with or altered by the customer, another jeweller or any other third party, the one year warranty and the return policy will cease to apply, and the item becomes non-refundable and non-returnable.
Your Responsibility for Returning and Insuring Goods
- Gems Jewellers will not be responsible for loss or damage of returned Goods during transit. We cannot be held liable for any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of your return or late delivery or cancellation of Goods, so we advise that you retain all proof of posting documentation and fully insure the Goods during transit. If you have any questions regarding returns, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com.
- All Ring and Jewellery sizes and measurements are approximate but we endeavour to ensure that the sizes and measurements are accurate. Once you have received the ring and are able to determine the correct size, you can send it back to us for a free resize.
- All rings, except bespoke, are subject to a FREE RESIZE WITHIN 30 DAYS of purchase - some of our rings can be resized and some will need to be remade. Once you have received the ring and can determine the correct size, you can send it back to us for your FREE RESIZE WITHIN 30 DAYS of purchase.
- The terms of resize outside of the 30 days returns policy depends on the selected product and are as follows:
Due to the nature of the individual designs, please contact our sales team to confirm whether a resize is possible on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7831 0505.
Customers are entitled to a free resize up to 30 days after they have collected/ their ring has been dispatched. After these 30 days, the rings will be assessed for the cost of resize. If the resize range is outside the permitted range, the ring may need to be remade entirely, and such cost will need to be paid by the customer.
All Goods purchased from us through our Website will, on delivery and for a year, conform to their description, be of satisfactory quality, and be reasonably fit for purpose for which products of that kind are commonly supplied. This warranty guarantees against defects in manufacturing and workmanship. This warranty does not apply to Goods subjected to excessive wear, abuse or physical damage whether accidental or otherwise, including, but not limited to, any damage you make to the tips and corners of square gemstones and those with pointed edges and instances where your gemstone or diamond has fallen from its mount where there is no manufacturing fault with the mount. Upon acceptance of delivery, insurance and protection of merchandise becomes the sole responsibility of the customer and Gems Jewellers shall not be held liable for any loss, theft or resulting damages that may subsequently occur.
- Goods which are completed for collection or available for dispatch but left with Gems Jewellers for more than 90 days despite reasonable attempts made to contact the Customer, will have been deemed to pass ownership to the Customer and cannot be returned or refunded.